Friday I have started texturing Vaiva. The head was challenging in that every storke was either working or not. Head's texturing so far is purely a colour map, meaning surface shaders are not yet created. It is a common aproach I take, after work placement in picassopictures, where purely colour map had to look as if it had many layering to it. So I move to creating surface shaders only after thecolour pass looks as good as possible.
What I found extremely helpful was James Gorney's face colour zone scheme:
I've looked at some eye shading tutorials. It went through a detailed process in photoshop and maya.
The rest of the body as well as surface shaders , I suppose, will come along over next week :]