15 Nov 2010

Character's Pipeline in Maya 3: UV layout & Joint Placement

This week’s lessons were… a mind opener about, for example, Organic UV layout. I found it surprisingly easy and couldn’t help myself but kept on remembering my summer’s experience when I worked on Bird’s character. It took me round for days to prepare the layouts... Then I used the method we were thought for laying out city set’s UV’s. So honestly what a relief it was to find its actually that simple, I found myself even enjoying the process :D






On the other hand the second half of the tutorials; joint placement, was really difficult to finish. Honestly I’m not sure if its all gonna work, even if I really took my time and tried to position them correctly, even using the  mathematical rules :D for correct jaw’s joint placement.



No comments:

Post a Comment